Training Alabama Women for Government Leadership
Ready to Run™ is in partnership with Rutgers University, Eagleton Institute of Politics, Center for American Women and Politics.
Ready to Run™ is a nonpartisan program that trains women who want to:
- Run for office
- Seek higher office
- Work on a campaign
- Or position themselves for other types of public leadership
Ready to Run™ is different from other campaign training programs because:
- It is the only program of its kind that trains Alabama women for government leadership and it is inclusive of all women of all political affiliations or none.
- It positions women leaders to improve quality-of-life standards for all Alabama citizens. Women legislators are more likely to give top priority to women’s and family issues.
- It is affiliated with the Center for American Women and Politics (CAWP), Eagleton Institute of Politics, Rutgers University, nationally recognized as the leading source of scholarly research and current data on American women’s political participation.
- It is building a network of motivated, politically savvy women throughout Alabama, one workshop at a time.
From left, Jean Sinzdak, project manager, Ready to Run™ campaign training program at the Center for American Women and Politics (CAWP) of the Eagleton Institute of Politics at Rutgers University; Jeannie Tsukamoto, active in the National Education for Women’s Leadership program for college women at CAWP; and Debbie Walsh, director of CAWP.
Are you ready to make a difference and to change your life in the process?
Then Ready to Run™ is Ready for You.
Ready to Run™ training includes:
- Identifying Yourself as a Candidate
- Developing a Campaign Staff
- Creating a Campaign Plan
- Qualifying and Navigating the Party System
- Launching Your Campaign
- Getting Out the Vote (Field Organizing)
- Dealing with the Media and Public Relations
- Learning from Women Who Have Run
- Factoring in the State’s Constitution
- Finding Opportunities to Enter Politics
You will receive the electronic version of presentation materials after the workshop concludes.
Ready to RunTM was made possible in part by a grant from AAUW Funds and Rutgers University Foundation.
Birmingham (UAB School of Health Professions Building, Room 541) – November 14, 2015 Register by email at email@example.com
Include Name, Address, Email, and Phone
Questions: Contact Audrey L. Salgado, 205-249-7788