Coming Soon in 2022
Why Tech Trek is important
- Girls and women are underrepresented in STEM fields and this camp gives girls a chance to begin a successful path toward college and entering the STEM workforce.
- Girls who attend Tech Trek are more likely to enroll in science and math courses in high school – and they credit Tech Trek for sparking their interest.
- In a 2010 AAUW research report, “Why So Few? Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math”, AAUW presented the most compelling and well researched information available on women and girls in STEM fields.
- Tech Trek is our way of “putting our money where our mouth is”.
- The science and technology workforce in this country is aging, while the demand for talent keeps increasing.
How you can get involved
- Identifying teachers in your area that may nominate girls to attend the camp.
- Identifying individuals in your area that may be available to participate in Professional Women’s Night or serve as workshop presenters.
- Identifying corporate partners that may be interested in making an investment in STEM education for the girls of Alabama.
- Donating to Tech Trek: http://bit.ly/GivetoTechTrek and select the AL camp (last in the list).
- Helping interview girls who submit a Tech Trek application.